Las Vegas Firefighters Support Movember Foundation by Selling “Movember” Shirts
(LAS VEGAS)–For the first time, the Las Vegas Firefighters will be showing their support for the Movember Foundation by selling “Movember” charity shirts to the public. The Movember Foundation raises awareness and supports projects that fight prostate and testicular cancer.
Firefighters will be purchasing the shirts to wear on and off duty, and have a goal to increase their donation to the foundation through public sales. For each shirt purchased, $5.00 will go to the Movember Foundation.
T-shirts sell for $15.00 or $20.00 (depending on style), and are available in men’s (up to 3XL), women’s, and youth sizes. They can be purchased online T-SHIRTS HERE!!! throughout the month of November.
Scott Johnson, president of the Las Vegas Firefighters, says, “We are looking forward to not only showing support for the Movember Foundation by our members purchasing and wearing the shirts on and off duty, but also through members of our community who can buy the shirts online. It is our goal to raise awareness of men’s health issues, and help the foundation promote physical and mental health.”
The Movember Foundation is dedicated to combating men’s health issues at every front. Up to 83.8 percent of the foundation’s net income is allocated to men’s health programs. The remaining net income (a minimum of 16.2 percent) goes to fundraising costs, retained funds, and administrative costs. This covers future campaigns to ensure long-term continuity of the organization, a number of fundraising and administrative tasks necessary to run the organization, and large community-awareness programs like Movember.
We had record attendance &
a great time was had by All!
Your LVFBA is committed to making progress with this event in order to continue celebrating each other, our achievements, and our noble profession.
Special Thanks to:
All the retirees who came out, we appreciate all of your support.
Chief Willie McDonald and his lovely wife Barbara
The Explorers who volunteered to assist
We look forward to seeing more of you in 2015!
Las Vegas Firefighters Benefit Association
8:00 a.m. Shotgun Start
$ 90.00 per player
$360.00 per foursome
Includes: Golf, Cart, Lunch
Wildhorse Golf Club is consistently voted one of Southern Nevada’s premiere golf courses. Their staff is excited to host this year’s tournament.
So get your group together and come enjoy the day with friends and members of Las Vegas Fire & Rescue both retired and present, for a day of golf and fun!!
Contact: John Harris Sta. 1B 382-1762/ 580-9745
John Kelley Sta. 4B 386-0814/ 285-6597
Ruben Sanchez Sta. 1B 382-1762/ 349-1148
Elliott Jones Sta. 42A 645-8528/ 375-2231
Lou Fonseca Sta. 1B 382-1762/ 332-7736
Download the Flyer << HERE >>